Monday 13 September 2010

Fancy A Brew?

Over the weekend I was having a cup of tea with some friends, and they were surprised to hear that I only started drinking tea at university. 


I did my midwifery degree at the University of Central Lancashire.  Up until this point I'd lived in Buckinghamshire, so moving to Preston was a bit of a shock to the system...


We spent a lot of our first year doing placements with community midwives.  It was at this point that I discovered how truly devoted people from Lancashire are to drinking tea.  After being asked: "Fancy a brew?" in every house we visited at least ten times every day, I realised I was going to have to start drinking tea if I was ever going to fit in! 
I only discovered the Lancashire Hotpots today, thanks to my friend Sarah - this song is a homage to the tea drinkers of Lancashire...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM1jQ8cIFuU&feature=related


I'm off to make a cuppa xx

1 comment:

  1. That is hard to believe...good thing you're making up for it now!

    ReplyDelete