Thursday 16 September 2010

Reasons to be Cheerful - 1,2,3...



I live with two of the most brilliant comedians in Rugby, or maybe even England.  The thing is - they are my children, and sometimes they're not aware of how funny they are.  I love the fact that they make me laugh every single day, and here are some of the reasons why:

  1. Joel playing the guitar (attempting flamenco music!) - talking to Nathan playing the ukulele: "That's not rock music - that's just LOUD!"
  2. Nathan's occasional mis-pronunciation of words: "Come on Mrs Harrington" (See previous post - Words)
  3. In the garden recently - Joel comes running - "Mummy, Mummy - I've found a spider - his name is Henry!"
  4. The way Nathan will not come and brush his teeth if you ask him too, but if you go into the bathroom without him, and start saying "Where's my Nathan - I can't find him - He must have gone missing" etc. He'll come running...
  5. The way neither of the boys have realised the fact that the nightly 'Pyjama Race' isn't an exciting competition, it's just a cunning ruse to get them ready for bed.
  6. The sound of them laughing
  7. The stick game - How many sticks can you find to put in the green bin?  Current record: 164 (Otherwise known as a cunning plan to tidy up the garden...  I know, parenting requires an awful lot of cunning!)  This may turn into the leaf game over the next few months...
  8. The simple joy of jumping - it just makes Nathan so happy. ("I'm jumping on the kitchen!"...)
  9. Sweet Caroline (see previous post...)
  10. Joel and Nathan's never ending encouragement - there's nothing more brilliant than being told you're doing well by someone too young to fudge the truth...

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh - brings a tear to my eye. I hope my lovely boy (or boys??) turns out as lovely as your two lovely boys - I'm thinking it's pretty likely. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today on the way into school, Joel said "Bye Mummy, see you at 3:18" It never ceases to make me smile how specific he is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading about your boys makes me smile and miss them! MUST arrange a meet for all of us soon xxx

    ReplyDelete