Thursday 9 September 2010

The Best Brownies in the World??

A long time ago - I did promise to discuss the 'Best Chocolate Brownie Recipe' so I thought the time had come...  I have been talking about exercise a bit, so I thought it must be time to redress the balance!! :)

This recipe was given to me by my friend Rachel, but I can't recall where she got it from:

Rachel's Brownies

Ingredients:
150g unsalted butter
200g plain chocolate - chopped
175g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
75g plain flour - sieved
100g white chocolate - chopped
100g milk chocolate - chopped

Instructions:
  1. Melt the plain chocolate and butter in a bowl over boiling water
  2. Mix in the caster sugar and vanilla extract
  3. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time until all combined
  4. Add the flour - beat until smooth
  5. Stir in white and milk chocolate chunks
  6. Pour mixture into 20cm square baking tin
  7. Bake for 30 minutes - Oven temp should be 160 (or 140 if a fan oven)
So tasty - and gorgeous when still warm - especially with some nice ice cream...  Yummy. 

Try it out, and then let me know if you'd change anything.  Oh, and don't let them near anyone doing Weight Watchers, they're probably a gazillion points each...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lovely! Hadn't realised you'd started to blog so am catching up on all your posts...this one made me smile! Love n hugs Raych xxx We so need a catch up cuppa at some point soon!

    ReplyDelete