Monday 2 August 2010

About Me

Hi there.

I'm Gill.  I'm 30 years old, and I've been married for nine years.  I have two fabulous but exhausting small boys - so in my house I am seriously outnumbered...

In my life before children (and a bit afterwards too - more about that later) I worked as a hospital based midwife at an average sized NHS hospital.  I enjoyed my work - but found the juggle between shift work, childcare, house work and life exceedingly difficult.  I left my job just after my first son started school, which I'm sure seemed odd to some people.  I realised that if things didn't feel easier then, they weren't going to - at least for a while.

I'm writing this as an outlet for my thoughts on life, love, the universe and everything really.  I'm interested in lots of things:  How do you fully embrace motherhood, and still keep a grasp of your own sense of self?  How can you stay happily married - can you keep romance in your relationship?  How can you look at the universe, or at your children, and think they weren't created by someone very, very clever?  How can anyone feel good about their figure, when there are beautiful, but very slender celebrity pictures everywhere you look?  What is the best chocolate brownie recipe in the world? The list is endless...

So here's hoping this is interesting to someone other than me! 
Gxx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Gill
    Aw Gill life is hard in this day and age.
    Thankfully we're old enough not to have to worry too much about how cool we should be although it has taken me a long time to realize that!I tend to buy sainsbury's magazine now lots of good recipe's in there!!! Not many celebs showing off at all in there so I tend to stick to that lol.
    I think even when we follow God we still have our own little doubts about our image but we just need to remember that God created each and every one of us in his own image and he sees us as beautiful as creation!!!
    Let me know if you have any good recipe's esp chocolate brownies I am planning on making cakes today!! C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gill!

    Great idea! But can you add an RSS feed so I can check it i my e-mail inbox? I'm a bit rubbish at keeping up otherwise.

    Love Rach
    x

    PS I have a great chocolate brownie recipe if you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to me. Finally, after about 7 months of motherhood, I feel like I'm starting to get me back a little bit - I wish I'd known it would be ok in the end, but no-one can really tell you that. The whole baby thing has been such a huge shock but I am starting to really like it. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think and agreeing or disagreeing.

    Personally I'm having more of a cupcake thing. I don't have any square tins for brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with this, hope you enjoy it! Blogging is an interesting journey. I mainly follow work related blogs so it will be nice to have a personal one, and know how you are doing :-)

    I was advised to use feedburner to add an rss feed to my blog, that way you can add it in the side bar and people can subscribe easily. The instructions are quite easy to follow too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, when I make brownies I just put them in the silicon cup cake moulds because I can't be bothered with the tins. I just adjust the cooking time down a bit.

    ReplyDelete