Monday 3 January 2011

New year, new look

No. Do not adjust your set.  You are in the right place...  I have just changed the template I'm using for my blog.  What do you think?  Do you like the new look?  I thought the new year was a good excuse for a change.  Ah, the joy of being to change the look of something completely by just pressing a few buttons...

Have you made any new years resolutions this year?  I haven't really - I guess I just don't like setting myself up for failure like that... (sorry, not very optimistic that...) 

However, the new year does feel like a natural opportunity to make a new start.  I guess I'm not making any new resolutions - just dusting off some of the old ones, and seeing how I get on.

I wonder what precentage of the new year's resolutions that are made are health and diet related?  My guess would be that it would be at least 80%.  Unfortunately (or maybe, fortunately...  Goodness knows what we'd end up looking like...  Hmm...) you can't change the way you look just by pressing a few buttons.  Any movement towards a healthy BMI will take effort and perseverance.  I'm honestly not sure how this one's going to go, but the boys and I did manage a 5 mile cycle today, so I guess that's a good start.  The boys are also selflessly working there way through the remaining Christmas chocolate...  The things they do to love and support me!

So, well done if you're tackling any new (or old) challenges this year.  Be gentle with yourself.  Remember that making a few small changes can make a big difference...  (Like saying 'no' occasionally, when you might have said 'yes'...)

Now - where did I leave my will power?

1 comment:

  1. I am tackling the challenge of a second baby this year. I think that's quite enough for me. We're also tackling the challenge of trying to keep the kitchen table tidy and hoping to go out more as a family, particularly going on walks that are more adventurous than round the local park. We've always been rubbish at going out and doing stuff but now we've got children we want it to be more of a habit - we don't want couch potato children!

    ReplyDelete