Monday 24 January 2011

500 miles

To the tune of 500 miles - by the Proclaimers...


When I wake up, well I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the Mum who's waking up for you.
When you're screaming, well I know I'm gonna be, I'm going be getting your breakfast just for you.
When you get dressed, well I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be finding your favourite pants for you.
When we go out, well I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be doing the school run - saying 'Phew!'

But I would walk 500 miles,
And I would drive 500 more.
Just to be the Mum who went a thousand miles
To prove I love you more.

When I get home, well I know I gonna be, I'm gonna be doing more washing - that is true.
Going shopping; making sure I have exactly the right contents for your lunch box and a stew.
Do the ironing, and the cleaning - even scrubbing something unidentifiable off the loo.
Check my watch then, and it's time for the next portion of the school run yet again - well, whoopee-doo!

But I would walk 500 miles
And I would drive 500 more.
Just to be the Mum who went a thousand miles
To prove I love you more.

(Now add your own extra verses - and da la da daas...)



No comments:

Post a Comment