Thursday 24 March 2011

Spring. a bird-house in your soul... and skipping!

As Ogden Nash would say:
"Spring has sprung
The grass is riz
I wonder where the boidys is...
The boid is on the wing
But that's absurd
I always thought the wing was on the boid"
Actually - the boid - OK, have to change to 'bird' now - the bird isn't on the wing anymore, it's in the bird-house (apologies - couldn't resist a They Might Be Giants link - such a good song...) in my garden.

I'm disproportionately excited that there are now a pair of Great Tits nesting in the bird-house on the ash tree in our back garden.  We put up the bird-house three Springs ago, and although a few birds have popped in to have a look since then, we've never had any-birdy decide to stay.  Will have to keep a look out for any babies now...  Will keep you posted.

I love Spring.  Especially Spring like today, which is blue-skyed, warm - but not boiling, and (for me) before the evilness that is hay fever.  Spring is so full of hope and joy and all things seem new. 

Have you seen any lambs yet?  I haven't.  Still, I have got my own little skipping chap to fulfill the cuteness quotient...  Nathan has obviously been practising skipping at nursery, and his deliberate, slightly wobbly but very committed skip is one of the cutest things I have ever seen... See for yourself:


Nathan skipped into nursery this morning, holding my hand and saying: "Come on Mummy!" Well, there was nothing for it, I had to skip too.  It made him happy, but it actually made me happy too; even when I got a couple of funny looks.  I did also get a couple of compliments on my skipping too though - from Mums who understood...

Michael McIntyre is a skipping fan too as you can see here...  So there you go.  This truly is public service blogging today; covering both the cutest and the funniest things you'll see all week - or possibly even all year!

Enjoy the sunshine x

3 comments:

  1. i love spring too :)
    i think it's my favourite season - full of hope and new life. getting warm, but not too hot. blossom and flowers and wildlife; lovely!

    very excited about the inhabitants of your bird house. we had a blackbird nest in our climbing hydrangea last year, but an adventurous cat made an awful raid on it just as the eggs were about to hatch. this year we've bought a next box... but it's still inside! looking forward to hearing updates on yours.

    and i totally agree - skipping (or jumping, in my case) along with a small boy is the best fun ;) the odd looks are just coz people are jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skipping IS magnificent! And now I've spent a lot of time that should have been used folding washing watching Michael McIntyre - who I love because he's hilarious without swearing.

    I'm so looking forward to Amelia being able to skip...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better than brilliant! Love the skipping - must go and do some before continuing reports! Small boys, skipping, sunshine and Michael McIntyre - even the most rubbish of day can be made better by these things :-) Thanks for the reminder of the delight of simple things.

    Now, skipping or reports...

    ReplyDelete